Several hair problems become a daily struggle for us. Some of these include excessive hair fall, hair thinning, hair damage, and the outbreak of dandruff. Keeping them in mind, the haircare experts have tried to develop products that help us address these issues. One such effective solution is now available in the form of hair serum.
What is a Hair Serum?
Haircare experts have developed an effective liquid formula called hair serum. If made of natural ingredients, it could be highly effective against the issues mentioned above. Some of the most common ingredients in serums include onion extracts and rice water.
They are specifically chosen so their nutrients can penetrate the scalp region and provide nourishment to both the hair follicles and the hair strands. It is recommended that you apply this haircare product after washing the hair thoroughly.
How Should You Choose a Hair Serum?
You should opt for a hair serum that contains safe and natural ingredients. So let us probe deeper into this concept and look at the key points that should drive the purchasing decision.
- The presence of natural ingredients: For a serum to be genuinely good, its formula needs to be mild but performance oriented. This is where natural ingredients come into play with their respective benefits. They can offer more efficiency while protecting and enhancing your hair quality.
- The absence of chemical toxins: It may seem that chemically strong formulas start giving results immediately. However, when you look at the long-term results, you will be shocked to know that chemicals like parabens, SLES, and ammonia are so toxic that your hair follicles could often be ruined, sometimes beyond damage too. Thus, such chemicals should be watched out for. You should opt for toxin-free products that do not pose a threat to your tresses in any manner.
- Avoiding adulterants: Some products come with too loud smell and flashy packaging. If you want a simple formula, do not fall prey to misinterpretations that talk about the benefits of adding artificial dyes and fragrances. Spurious adulterations dilute the benefits of the formulation and can be toxic too.
- Suitability for your hair type: The next thing you need to check is your hair type before purchasing any serum. Check if it can support chemically treated and altered hair like hair straightening, hair perming, hair dyeing, and more. This is a game-changer and can give you better results.
- Quality assurance and safety certification: As a user, you need to know if the product is of excellent quality. For this, look for only that hair care product that has undergone chemical testing in the presence of hair care experts. Make sure they come certified with certifications offered by Made Safe and PETA.
- Brand’s trustworthiness: Lastly, after checking the factors above, you should choose a brand. Choose a safe and recommended brand that is sensitive to your requirements and offers products that offer better results over time. As per our communication with experts, we believe Mamaearth is the go-to brand for the best hair serum in the market these days.
Top 3 Recommendations:
Now that we know how to buy a serum for hair, we are here with the last segment of this article, where we share the list of three such hair care products from Mamaearth that hair care experts have recommended. Let us explore further, then!
Product 1: Onion Scalp Serum with Onion and Niacinamide for Healthy Hair Growth
- The product contains red onion extracts that fight dandruff and regulate nutrition in the scalp. They also enhance hair growth and prevent hair fall, hair breakage, and hair thinning.
- Pea sprouts function as a revitalizing agent to increase nutrition into the roots, follicles, and scalp region.
- Niacinamide helps in building Keratin. It stimulates blood circulation and increases the absorption rate of ingredients, thus accelerating hair growth.
- Lastly, Aloe Vera juice comes into the picture to keep the scalp region calm and provide a soothing effect. It also keeps the scalp clean and prevents infections while checking dandruff formation.
- It should be applied and left overnight for valuable results.
Product 2: Mamaearth Rice Wonder Water with Rice Water and Keratin for Detangled Hair in 7 Seconds
- The presence of fermented rice water works like magic so that hair strands revive their elasticity and become stronger. In addition, this traditional Asian hair care ingredient makes the hair softer and shinier.
- The hair texture is further improved by the presence of Keratin that protects the hair and makes them frizz-free.
- Castor oil provides Omega 6 and Omega 9 fatty acids that deeply nourish hair roots.
- It is recommended that you use the serum after washing your hair and pat dry the strands and scalp after application.
Product 3: Mamaearth Onion Hair Serum with Onion and Biotin for Strong, Frizz-Free Hair
- This serum works towards binding hair strength – a role well executed in the presence of Onion Seed extract and the inclusion of Biotin.
- Olive Oil is included in this serum to remove itchiness in the scalp and restore its health.
- Finally, the presence of D-Panthenol, commonly known as Vitamin B5, is crucial. It makes hair smooth and shiny, owing to its magical moisturizing abilities.
- As far as its application is concerned, this too needs to be applied on damp hair after a thorough hair wash.
Opting for the best face wash
It would always work the best to opt for a safe and natural face care product that helps you beat the after-effects of stress, pollution, and irregular sleep cycles. This is why opting for the best face wash, one that is made of gentle and nourishing ingredients makes so much sense.
Mamaearth offers its Vitamin C Foaming Face Wash, Ubtan Face Wash with Turmeric and Saffron, Vitamin C Face Wash with Turmeric for Skin Illumination. Each of these ranks among the best face washes in India for its effectiveness and ease of usage. We welcome you to opt for these products and see the difference for yourself.
With this, we sum up the best serums that you could opt for your hair. We recommend you use the hair serum twice or thrice a week to coordinate your hair wash schedules. We are certain you will enjoy how naturally strong, moisturized, and radiant your hair would feel in due course of time!